The Systems Risk and Reliability Analysis (SyRRA) Lab, directed by Dr. Katrina M. Groth, conducts research to address emerging safety, reliability and security issues for engineered systems, with primary applications in energy and transportation. Our multi-disciplinary research involves integrating information, data, statistics, and models from multiple domains to understand the causes of risk and failure of systems.
We leverage state-of-the-art computational tools and Bayesian methods to develop scientific, evidence-based models, and we add human-focused thinking to understand the needs of decision makers and use those models and data to support decision making for problems with many types of uncertainty.
- SyRRA Lab continues to hold lab meetings via Zoom, June 2020.
- CRR publishes a Student Spotlight on lab member, Ramin Moradi, May 2020.
- Dr. Katrina Groth and Austin Lewis publish a cover story in Algorithms, April 2020.
- Dr. Katrina Groth joins Editorial Board of Reliability & System Safety, February 2020.
- CRR publishes a Student Spotlight on lab member, Austin Lewis, January 2020.
- Lab members Vincent Paglioni and Austin Lewis attend American Nuclear Society Young Professionals Congress, December 2019.
- Dr. Katrina Groth presents at multiple seminars across November and December 2019, December 2019.
- Dr. Katrina Groth presents at UT Knoxville Nuclear Engineering Colloquium, November 2019.
- CRR publishes a Student Spotlight on lab member Camila Correa Jullian, October 2019
- Roohollah Heidary to defend dissertation, October 2019
- Austin Lewis presents independent and SyRRA Lab research at ESREL, September 2019
- The SyRRA Lab tours UMD STEM Library and Makerspace, August 2019
- Dr. Katrina Groth attends educator visit of nuclear navy facilities, July 2019
- CRR publishes a Student Spotlight on lab member, Roohollah Heidary, July 2019
- R3 Data Workshop Summary Now Available, June 2019
- Groth elected to ANS Nuclear Installations Safety Division (NISD) Executive Committee for 3 year term, 6/10/2019-6/10/2022.