The Systems Risk and Reliability Analysis (SyRRA) Lab, directed by Dr. Katrina M. Groth, conducts research to address emerging safety, reliability and security issues for engineered systems, with primary applications in energy and transportation. Our multi-disciplinary research involves integrating information, data, statistics, and models from multiple domains to understand the causes of risk and failure of systems.
We leverage state-of-the-art computational tools and Bayesian methods to develop scientific, evidence-based models, and we add human-focused thinking to understand the needs of decision makers and use those models and data to support decision making for problems with many types of uncertainty.
- The SyRRA Lab tours the UMD STEM Library and Makerspace, August 2019
- Dr. Katrina Groth attends educator visit of nuclear navy facilities, July 2019
- CRR publishes a Student Spotlight on lab member, Roohollah Heidary, July 2019
- R3 Data Workshop Summary Now Available, June 2019
- Groth elected to ANS Nuclear Installations Safety Division (NISD) Executive Committee for 3 year term, 6/10/2019-6/10/2022.
- Groth co-organized R3Data Workshop: Harnessing data for enhanced understanding of risk, reliability, and resilience, May 7-8, 2019, College Park, MD. Summary of the workshop can be found here.
- Groth participated in an Invited Plenary Panel at PSA 2019 (16th International Topical Meeting on Probabilistic Safety Assessment and Analysis) on “PSA Research and Education at Universities: History, Impact, Challenges, and Future Outlook,” May, 2, 2019.
- Bensi, Groth Selected for Nuclear Facility Risk Assessment Faculty Development Program, April 2019.
- Groth selected as invited panelist for UMD Graduate School “PhD Career Pathways Conference,” April 19, 2019.
- Groth presented at Sandia National Laboratories, “Managing risk and reliability in complex systems: Using data analytics to improve decisions,” March, 22, 2019.
- Groth presented at NRC HRA Data workshop, “Insights for Future HRA data collection based on research using HRA data,” March 14, 2019.
- Groth & Bensi presented at NRC RIC (Regulatory Information Conference), “Opportunities for using big data to improve online risk monitoring for nuclear power plants,” March 13, 2019.
- Ramin Moradi wins Student Merit Award at Society of Risk Analysis annual meeting, January 2019.